You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘North Carolina’ tag.
What happened on this day during the Civil War – April 13th?
- Saturday, April 13, 1861 – Maj Robert Anderson surrenders Fort Sumter to the Confederates in the opening salvo of the American Civil War.
- Sunday, April 13, 1862 – Gen David Hunter declares his region (vicinity of Ft. Pulaski, GA) free of slavery. Issues his own unapproved emancipation of slaves.
- Monday, April 13, 1863 – Federals assault Fort Bisland, LA; on Bayou Teche.
- Wednesday, April 13, 1864 – CSA Nathan Bedford Forrest’s cavalry skirmish in Columbus, KY.
- Thursday, April 13, 1865 – Raleigh falls to Sherman.
For a complete timeline of the American Civil War, click here.